The Other DeRosa--SOLD


This bike is a wonderful full blooded Italian gem. Made by the little known family company in southern Italy named Biciclette de Rosa in Pozzuoli. Its evidently near Naples. Wonderfully light Columbus SL Steel with pantographed details on the forks and seat stays. It was originally outfitted with a Shimano 600 group but I changed that back to a mix of a Campagnolo Nuovo Record rear derailleur, Campy Gran Sport cranks and brakes and a 3T stem. It has new Mavic CPX 33 rims laced to Shimano 600 hubs with purple Michelin Pro Race 3 tires. Notice the top tube cable routing detail. It rode so smoothly and I regret selling it.

This is what it looked like after I was done. 
This is the condition when I picked it up. Very oddly configured.
The woman, Zonda, yes named just like the campy wheelset,
 is one of the Slow Spokes Cycling Group organizers.






Signed by Achille DeRosa

Popular Posts